PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
• Northern California Building Industry Association, Member
• Placer County Bar Association, Member
• Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
• Nevada City Chamber of Commerce, Member
• Pepperdine University School of Law Alumni Association, Member
• Business Litigation
• Construction Litigation
• Business Formation/Transactions
• Real Estate, Land Use and Cannabis Regulatory Compliance
• Personal Injury, Premises and Product Liability
• J.D., 1994, Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
• Pepperdine Law Review, Associate Editor
• B.A., 1991, Philosophy, Rhode Island College, Providence RI, magna cum laude
• State Bar of California
• State Bar of Washington
NOTABLE TRIALS & ARBITRATIONS
Mr. Huguenin secured a defense Award on behalf of the Firm’s largest institutional client in a single family home arbitration involving alleged substantial water intrusion issues. The Claimants asserted over $300,000 in cost of repair damages, and the arbitrator found in favor of the Firm’s client, awarding the stipulated defense cost of repair which was less than 1/30th of Claimant’s damages.
Mr. Huguenin represented one of the Firm’s largest clients and one of the Country’s largest national homebuilders, in a complex land dispute venued in San Diego County. Following a 3 week trial, Mr. Huguenin secured a verdict in the amount of $6.1 million dollars for the client.
Over a six month time frame in 2017, Mr. Huguenin arbitrated 12 separate home by home cases against a well-known plaintiffs' construction defect firm. The Firm routinely defensed the Claimants' single largest dollar item and their main geotechnical and PT cable corrosion claims, and in many instances prevailed on their CCP section 998 offers, securing large cost judgments against the plaintiffs.
Mr. Huguenin served as lead counsel in connection with a 15 day binding arbitration, and received a defense verdict/award on a million dollar-plus claim involving a commercial project on behalf of one of the Firm’s and the region’s largest commercial general contractor clients.
Presenter, SB 800 – How to Workshop/Seminar
Presenter, Proper Customer Care Procedures in the Building Industry